No, this post didn't get misplaced from October.
WHERE DO YOU WANT TO BE 90 DAYS FROM NOW - Sept. 1?
Think about this for a few minutes. We have June, July and August to make a MAJOR change in our lifestyle! You may be saying "lifestyle"? Why didn't you say weight?. HERE is why.
The weight loss and toning of our bodies is merely the BY-PRODUCT of our lifestyle changes and they must be that in order to achieve and SUSTAIN them.
Put your DREAM glasses on.
What do you see?
I'm going to peer through mine. Sept. 1st is a Saturday. Labor Day Weekend (side note - make plans now if you blew this past weekend not to repeat!) That's 93 days if you count today (or roughly 13 weeks).
If I don't dream big I don't WORK big so I'm shooting for 20 pounds more off from WI yesterday. That's 1.5 pounds a week. Now I have not lost 1.5 pounds a week in ages but last week I lost 1.2 and was down more this morning so I think I have tweaked my plan enough to do it. I would like to be off Diet Coke - completely. I would like to be going 20 minutes straight on the elliptical and 40 minutes on the bike. I can do it now but only broken up.
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO ACHIEVE THE GOAL (think of your own goal here)
1) I must continue to eat at my new calorie range including vacation, holidays, special outings, church suppers, picnics, etc.
2) I must track my food (iphone, computer, little memo pad in my purse) whatever.
3) I must get DAILY cardio. Yep - I do that anyway. SO I must nudge it up in intensity/length.
4) I must continue strength training and use heavier weights. On my shopping list - time for the 5 pounders!
5) Continue to taper off Diet Cokes.
6) Stay accountable - that means my challenge groups and teams.
7) NO EXCUSES. I repeat. NO EXCUSES. If it rains, workout indoors. If I'm sick - get on the bike and elliptical in short bursts throughout the day. If I'm eating out - look at the menu online before and choose my food (box up half), move the bread basket etc. If I'm short on time and out of the house I will get a 6" sub no mayo etc. from Subway or a Salad at Wendy's (low fat dressing). If I'm stressed I will workout - not eat. If' I'm tempted I will message a friend or post here.
I can do this. I know where I want to be.
Where do YOU want to be?