VIDEO: Day 6 Bootcamp Workout7-Minute Upper Body Workout with Dumbbells
-- By Nicole Nichols, Fitness Instructor
(Scroll down to push 'play' on the video player.)
For more information about this video, please scroll down to read the text below the video player.
Take this video with you! Click here for a printable version of this routine!
About this Workout
This workout is part of SparkPeople's 7-Day Bootcamp Workout plan. Coach Nicole has created an easy-to-follow upper body workout that you can do anywhere, with a pair of dumbbells and a chair. These targeted exercises (plus stretches) will help you develop tighter and firmer muscles over time. Free of complex choreography, this workout is appropriate for people of many different fitness levels and abilities.
- Length: 7 minutes
- Equipment: Dumbbells, chair and mat (optional)
- Type of Workout: Strength training (toning) & flexibility
- Muscles Worked: Chest, shoulders, biceps, triceps, back
- Fitness Level: Beginner to advanced
- Impact: No impact
- Safety Precautions: Better safe than sorry! If the dumbbells you're using cause poor form or pain, use a lighter weight (or no weight at all) whenever necessary.
- NEW! Track Your Workout: Scroll down to the bottom of this article and click the "Add to Fitness Tracker" button. (You must be logged in for this to work.)
- Extra Tip: Always engage your abs (by pulling your navel toward the spine) to help support your body without leaning or arching your back.
- You can pause or rewind the video at any time if you need a break or need to watch for closer instructions. We suggest watching the video one time through before attempting the workout.
- This video will provide you with a short 10-minute cardio workout. If you choose, repeat the video a few more times to extend your workout.
- This video does not include music, but you can play a stereo or CD in the background as you workout. Just make sure you can still hear the instructions.
- To play the video, simply click on the Play button (bottom left corner) to start. Below the video screen, you'll find buttons for Pause, Stop, and volume control.